WV Sweet GSD mix, HW+, Lyme /Family Told Vet To Euthaize Desperate to Find Alternative


Sent: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 9:42 am
Subject: Jefferson County, WV - Urgent!!! Sweet GSD mix, HW+, Lyme+ dies today!!

My vet called me yesterday to see if I could try and find a home for a dog that was at their office.? He was brought in by his owners who had adopted him four days earlier from a private citizen. The vet performed his neuter and then the owners decided to have him combo tested. He came back positive for Heartworms and Lymes Disease? The new owners cannot afford to pay for his treatment and are going to come back at noon today to have him euthanized? He is only 4 years old and weighs around 60 lbs.

I didn't get a picture of him but I did meet him. From the neck down, he looks like a shepherd with the black saddle marking. From the neck up he looks like a typical shepherd mix with his muzzle being shorter than a purebred GSD and with ears that flop instead of standing erect. My guess would be maybe GSD/Lab mix???

The vet is desperate to find an alternative to euthanasia for this poor boy. If they hear something before noon today then they can get the owners to sign the dog over when they arrive instead of euthanizing him. The vet that examined him said that his heart sounds good and he was fine with the exam and blood draw. They have not seen any behavioral or personality issues with him at this point in time? He's just a good-natured boy who deserves a second chance.

If you can help this sweet boy, please email or call my cell phone ASAP. I have to get word to the vet by noon today!!! I'm on email all day here at work, so I'll get your message as soon as you send it.

Please help this boy. I'll do whatever I can on my end to assist. This boy will come to you utd on shots and neutered, however, you will have to pay for his HW treatment. I'll provide the Doxycycline for his Lymes Treatment for the receiving rescue.



Thank you,

Sara

Volunteer,

Jefferson County Animal Control

Kearneysville, WV

Cell: (703) 501-0221

Email: smauck@rvia.org

No comments: