UPDATE.People were interested in EDITH but SHE WAS GASSED. Beautiful Edith Ann Boxer Senior Bladen N.C. Kill Shelter.

There were people interested in rescuing Edith. The shelter decided that it was better to gas Edith then give her the opportunity for life. I do not know their reasoning. To me whatever it was it does not feel right. If you have any questions, call the shelter and ask. I hope they had a dam good reason to take her life when there was hope for a rescue.

EDITH RIP


"How can anyone let their pet, their companion, a member of their family be reduced to little more that a pile of bones!!! Edith Ann is a beautiful boxer who has been totally neglected to the point where whe is wasting away. At least she's getting fed at the shelter but how long will that last, more and more dogs come in and there's no more room - someone will have to go. They can be adopted or they can be euthanized. Please let Edith Ann be one of the lucky ones to finally find a family that will care for her the way she has a right to be cared for - a right that should be available to EVERY dog. Speak for those that have no voice - and say, "I want THAT one"!"

[/url]
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11493994

Please visit or call during our office hours of:
Mon-Fri 8:30-11:00 AM
Phone: 910-862-6918

We are the Animal Control Facility for Bladen County, North Carolina. The Bladen County Animal Shelter IS a kill-shelter, so the animals seen here have a limited time to be available. We are a rescue-friendly facility so all reputable rescues are welcome. You, as the adopter or rescue organization, are responsible for any and all veterinary work given.

The adoption fee for dogs and cats is $27.00. This includes rabies and age appropriate vaccinations at a local veterinarian.


Please visit or call during our office hours of:
Mon-Fri 8:30-11:00 AM
Bladen County Animal Shelter
506 Smith Circle Elizabethown, NC 28337 Phone: 910-862-6918

The Bladen County Animal Shelter website

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NC464.html
A Shelter Friend volunteers may be able to assist you and can obtain transport at a reasonable cost. Or, if you cannot adopt and would like to foster or sponsor a pet please call them at 910-876-0539 or email : bladenpets@yahoo.com

About Bladen N.C.
http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/NC/Bladen/state.html

Map of North Carolina highlighting Bladen County
Location in the state of North Carolina Map of the U.S. highlighting North Carolina
North Carolina's location in the U.S.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here feeling like I want to throw up. I had seen her earlier and sent my huband an email saying We HAVE to save this dog! She reminds me of our Maggie Mae who was in the same shape. I was trying to figure out how to get her to CT and now she is dead. Others wanted her you say. We would have given her a happy home. I WILL call the pound and demand to know why she is dead.

Oh God those eyes are going to haunt me the rest of my life. Humans let her down to the end. May there be no mercy on the souls of those who failed her and murdered her!

Elizabeth said...

It is all very upsetting. I think it may have had to do with the people not being registered rescues or individuals such as yourself showing interest. I have no idea.
At least where ever Edith is she has people grieving for her.In that ways she was not an unwanted dog.
I think the homeless pet problem is so huge that there are some people and some who work in pounds and shelters who are desensitized to life and see the dogs and cats as objects. There are good dog wardens and shelter workers. I don't know much about this shelter. I got my information on Edith from a rescue list and volunteer in the area. I pray that she was wrong about the gassing but she was pretty definite when I e-mailed her.

Edith there are people who cared for you who will always remember your eyes. They were so soulful.

Anonymous said...

I just saw her at lunch and was going to call first thing in the morning. No decent shelter kills any dog that has a chance at rescue.

For some reason the South has more than its share of bad pounds and uncaring staff. Almost every dog I've rescued from death row is from the South. My Southern rescue friends say the shelter workers are usually pretty eager to kill and joke about it. The caring shelter is in the minority.

With the economy tanking things are only going to get worse for the unwanted...dogs, children, the elderly... It will be a holocaust for shelter animals.

Edith you should have been here with Maggie, or lounging on someone else's couch. I pray that God Himself is holding you now.

Sleep sweet, my love.

Anonymous said...

"I just saw her at lunch and was going to call first thing in the morning."

It really sucks, doesn't it?

"No decent shelter kills any dog that has a chance at rescue."

I agree.

Elizabeth