2/28/11"NYC Happy is in urgent need of being fostered or adopted! Please spread the word for this poor dumped senior. Transportation can be arranged."


CROSS POSTING!!!  PLEASE SHARE!!!

CONTACT: Jennifer at kjsnapp@hotmail.com


----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Kenny and Jennifer Snapp <kjsnapp@hotmail.com>
Sent:
 Fri, February 25, 2011 9:35:10 PM
Subject: NYC gentle senior cat-teeth pulled out-NEEDS FOSTER ASAP

Hi, I occassionally get involved with helping vulnerable animals.  There is no more vulnerable sweetheart who has crossed my path in recent times than HAPPY, who has no reason to be happy at the moment.  PLEASE, HELP me and Happy by sending this to literally everyone you know.  I will rent a car & bring him anywhere there is a good home (or foster)!  Thanks, Jennifer    
CONTACT:  kjsnapp@hotmail.com    pic's below of SWEET HAPPY after teeth pulled out!   

Happy:                                                                                                                                                                             February 2011, I took an unexpected trip to the vet when my owner wanted me euthanized.  My family dumped me after 15 long years because they were moving to Ohio from New Jersey two days later.  The vet refused to euthanize me.  Part of the reason was because other than some rotten teeth, I’m in GREAT shape for a fella my age.
 I am living in a small cage at the vet and cannot stay for more than a couple of days longer.  I am a sweetheart of a guy even after having 8 rotten teeth pulled out of my mouth yesterday (Tuesday, 2/22/11) morning.  No matter how much pain I am in, I always have a purr for the staff even as they administer my pain pills. 
No-kill shelters will not take a 15 year-old cat like me and while I am not enjoying life in a cage even that luxury is ending in a couple of days.  After expiring all of my options in the two weeks since my owners moved away, my living situation is more and more precarious by the hour.  PLEASE FOSTER ME EVEN FOR A SHORT PERIOD if you can't provide me with my forever home.  I lived with another cat most of my life, and I like older kids.  I even get along with some dogs.
P.S. My profile pictures were taken the evening after my dental procedure.  I was still groggy resulting in my pupils being dilated.  When you meet me you will see my eyes are not dark as they appear in the photos, but are a beautiful shade of yellow/orange like the color of a tropical sun setting over the horizon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor guy if you can get him to Canada I will take him

Elizabeth said...

If you are sincerely interested please contact the person at the e-mail address.

Anonymous said...

Happy found his forever home! I emailed the contact and he was adopted on Tuesday.

Elizabeth said...

Terrific!!!! Thanks for calling and caring.