7/13/10 Will Send Sweet Loving 25 Pound Dog to Kill Shelter. "No More Options." Near Atlanta Georgia." Please help me find her a forever home."





Letter to rescuer I received in e-mail to crosspost


"Back in the beginning of March I picked up a stray dog heading towards a busy highway. I did everything I could to find her owner & then a new home. I myself have 5 dogs at home & cannot keep her. She stays on a patio temporally at my office. After about 4 weeks I came back from a mini vacation to find she had delivered 7 puppies! She gave birth on 4/6/10 & was the best momma ever to her babies. She is so sweet & gentle & just wants to be loved. I set up a pen & got advice from the Internet & my vet on how to care for the momma & pups. I'm happy to say I found homes for all 7 puppies but no one wants the momma.

My vet thinks she's about 1- 1 1/2 yrs of age, about 25lbs and she is sweet, sweet, sweet. I'm going to get her spayed and up-to-date on all of her shots so maybe she'll have a better chance of finding a forever home.

I've done everything I possibly can to keep her stay out of a kill shelter & have e-mailed nearly every rescue group I can think of. I am running out of time & need to get her out of my office since we are moving our office to a location that does not allow pets. We once worked out of an old home & that is why I was able to keep her & her puppies on an enclosed screened in patio. I cannot bring her home (I tried 2X) and my F German Shepherd will not accept her & the male Shepherd is no better. I'm only allowed 4 in my subdivision & I actually have 5, husband has said no more, period, as well.

I live 45 minutes outside Atlanta - Loganville to be exact. She is currently on the patio still & I go by every day, if not every other day, to be sure she has enough food & water. The house we were in is going to be rented out soon & she must go. I have her on Petfinder.com, posted her on my FB & pleaded with everyone. I also have her posted on my vets FB page – Rockdale Animal Hospital.

Please help me find her a forever home.
Like I said, I will get her spayed & have her checked for heartworm & get her UTD with shots if someone out there takes her.

Thank you for your response, it lets me know at least someone is listening.

Peace & blessings

Pat

404-805-2396 "

No comments: