I Love Happy Stories -"The Blessing of Bailey"

The blessing of Bailey
"Last Winter, I was cruising through the Petfinder listings for the Meig's County Dog Shelter in Pomeroy, Ohio. I have a heart for this pound because of their very high euthanization rate and overall living conditions. Well, there she was, halfway down the page, with Urgent next to her name. My Bailey. Something about her grabbed my heartstrings and did not let go. She looked dirty and scared and lonely. My girl was on her last few days at the pound. So, I did what I knew how to do--I called the pound. Without talking to my hubby first...hee hee.

I called the pound just as they were closing and spoke to the most wonderful volunteer, Jessica. She was so happy that I had called for Bailey.This young lady and her family work tirelessly to help out this pound. So many lives dogs have them to thank for their lives. Jessica volunteered to give up her evening to get Bailey and bring her partway in our direction. She told me that Bailey and a Boxer boy were dropped in the outside run. Bailey was wearing a t-shirt that said, "My name is Bailey." Bailey and the Boxer went into foster care for a bit and then, the Boxer died. Apparently, Bailey was then returned to the pound, and her time drew to a close. She was to be euthanized in just a few days, though the workers all loved her. This little dog pound is just too full and has little help."

Read the rest at

Bailey

No comments: