April 20, 2009 I Want to Cry When I Get E-mails Like This- April 23 Euth Date

"We are FULL!!! Last week several had to be euthanized and this week looks very, very grim as well. The no-kill shelter has marked several dogs but they have not pulled them yet; therefore, taking up even more space on the animal control side. PLEASE help these poor dogs get out alive...

God bless,
Petra

SPONSORSHIPS APPRECIATED!!!!!

EUTHANASIA DATE: Thursday, April 23rd, 2009, 8 am

LIBERTY COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL – HINESVILLE, GEORGIA



If you would like to adopt one of the animals below and or get pics, please contact

Petra at scanimalrescue@gmail.com



I have personally interacted with each one of these dogs. My descriptions are straight forward! My conscience would not allow me to hold anything back, and I would never give false information to save an animal, because it would only result in it being returned. You will never find vicious/dangerous animals on my listings! Usually, little or none is known about these dogs' medical history. We do know that a majority of them were abandoned by military, which means they are most likely up-to-date on their shots, heartworm negative, and generally healthy; however, we cannot guarantee that, which is why each dog must receive prompt veterinary care after adoption/rescue takes place.

Spaying or neutering by 6 months of age is a MUST!!! Unless the dogs go to a rescue or out of state adopters must purchase a spay/neuter voucher from us. You can get more detailed information and pricing by visiting SNAC (Spay/Neuter Alliance Clinic) at info@snac1.com or by calling 843-645-2500.

Your help with adopting, rescuing, or fostering these dogs is immensely appreciated, as is your help with cross posting to others who may be able to help save a life.

MORE PICS OF ALL DOGS ARE AVAILABLE!



DOZER, the Bulldog mix! (3 years old)

Hi, my name is Dozer and I’m a Bully mix. I come from an old family tree that used to be loved and respected but I heard that it’s not so much anymore these days. Why, I don’t know... I am a very good natured guy and get along with everything and everyone. I was told that I’m a sweetheart. I was supposed to be picked up yesterday but the person who wanted me never showed up and now I’m sad. I don’t want to stay here anymore. It’s not a happy place even though I try to smile every time I see someone hoping that my smile will make them linger at my cell door a little longer and hoping that I might get a little pat on my head. I love a good pat on my head but I’d much rather get hugged and loved on all over for the rest of my life. Speaking of that, I have a lot of time left if I’m just given the chance because I’m only around 3 years old. I’d make a great buddy for your kids, too. Do you have kids? Do they need a friend?




***********************************************************************

LITTLE MISS MUFFET, the Terrier mix! (1 year old) VIDEO BELOW!!!

Little Miss Muffet is a gorgeous terrier mix who is waiting patiently to be rescued out of Liberty County Animal Control. At only 25 lbs, this little lady is FULL GROWN and ready to go to a loving forever or foster home! Miss Muffet is one of those dogs whose temperament makes her the perfect match for just about anyone. She is so calm and well-behaved! She does very well with other dogs and young children, and if you need us to test her with cats, we can do that, too! If you are looking for a small dog with a winning personality, Miss Muffet is the dog for you! Rescue her today and give her the life of love and comfort she deserves!!!

You can see a video of her here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqF4VIKVjyM&feature=channel_page



***********************************************************************

MR. WIGGLES, the Bully mix! (3 years old)

They named me Mr. Wiggles because I can’t stop from wiggling my butt all over the place whenever someone comes to look at me. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I get so happy that I can hardly stand it and then not only my butt but my entire body starts wiggling and wagging. They sure did laugh when the people who came to play with me first saw me. I was the first one let out yesterday because the animal control officer who found me led them straight to me. He said “Did you meet my boy yet?” That’s nice that he called me “his boy.” He said he’d love to take me home but his house is full so now he’s hoping that the rescuers can find another good home for me instead. I LOVE people so much and the people I met yesterday had toys. See how much I loved that rope toy on my pictures? I chased it and played tug-o-war and the people laughed so hard because I wiggled so much that they could hardly get good pictures of me. I hope that doesn’t mean that I won’t get out… They tried to put another boy out on the field with me but I didn’t like him at all. Then they got this pretty girl and I liked her. I wanted to rough house with her but they said it was time for me to go back into my cell. I was pretty sad but I knew they had to spend time with the other dogs, too. Do you like wiggle worms? How ‘bout checking me out and bringing me home?



***********************************************************************

RUDIE, the Mountain Cur mix! (1 year old)

Rudie the Mountain Cur Mix is an all around good dog! He's about 1 year old and plays very nicely with other dogs. Mountain Curs were the pioneer dogs of the southern Kentucky and Tennessee mountains, and without them, pioneers would have never been able to settle there! Let's give ole’ Rudie and his ancestors the credit they deserve by rescuing him off of death row! Like any good working dog, Rudie is intelligent, even-tempered, warm, and receptive. He is still learning his basic commands, but with a little time and attention, he'll have them down in no time. As you can see on the video he walks well on a leash telling us that he was someone’s love once. Rescue Rudie today! He's waiting for you to bring him home!

You can see pictures of Rudie below. You can also check out a video of him here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjcXtg3lw2E&feature=channel_page




***********************************************************************

BODO, the Black Labrador/Bull mix! (1 ½ years old) FORECLOSURE DOG???

My family is missing me and wanted to come for me but they were told that they would have to pay fees to get me out. They said they could not afford it… I don’t know what that means but having seen their faces it’s not good for me I guess. Apparently the people here tried to call my family to make a deal with them but the number has now been disconnected. I heard some of the people here say that they think my family lost their house and that’s why they can’t get in touch with them anymore. I am so confused and so sad. I love my family and I know they loved me, too. I just want to cry... The only comfort I have right now is that I am not alone in my cell. There is another dog that is locked up, too. I don’t know his story but it’s comforting to have a friend. I love other dogs so I guess I really lucked out. Some people came by yesterday to play with me and they let me run with other dogs. I had so much fun; the most fun I’ve had since I arrived here. I heard them say that I seemed desperate. Well, yes I am because I am scared and I just want to go home. If it can’t be my family I will fit in nicely with another, as long as they love me for the rest of my life.




***********************************************************************

BELISSIMA, the brindle PBT! (1 year old)

I used to have another name but the people here don’t know it and I can’t talk to tell them. They said they wanted to give me a pretty new name so I ended up with Belissima because it means beautiful and they said I am absolutely stunning. Since I’m a girl I really liked all the compliments I got yesterday. I heard them talk about my coat and how it shines like spun silk and that I am the epitome of a gorgeous PBT. What I liked most was when Jeff picked me up. That was soooooooo nice. I felt so comfortable that I almost fell asleep in his arms. I was very quiet when he held me; even though, I have lots of energy and love to run and play with all the other dogs. I had so much fun but I really surprised everyone when I showed them that I can jump a chain link fence with ease. What’s the big deal? I just wanted to venture out a little bit. Oooops, I know what the big deal is now! It got me here in the first place. I was told that my next family will have to have a higher fence so that I can’t escape again and be safe this time. Do you have a high fence that can keep me at home where I belong?




***********************************************************************

ROVER, the Heinz 57! (2 years old)

My name is Rover and I’m just a lover of people and other furry friends. I’m not very big and I was told my red coat is very handsome. I don’t know why and how I came here but I have one main objective and that is to find a forever family. I am sure there must be someone out there who is looking for a boy like me; a family who does not have any specific breed requirements and who just wants a nice young boy who is loving with their children and other pets, who loves to play and romp and at the same time just enjoys relaxing on the couch with a nice raw hide bone. I promise that I will never cause you any problems and that I will always listen to you. I am scared in this place and yesterday, for the first time this week, I felt loved again when some nice people showed up and paid me some much needed attention. Can you see by looking at my face how much I enjoyed their attention? I felt like I was on Cloud Nine but that too passed and I had to go back into my lonely cell again with the other boy I’m housed with. When the cell gate was closed it was very depressing and I am beginning to wonder if I’ll ever get out of here again.




***********************************************************************

SMOOCHIE, the Bulldog mix! (3 years old) VIDEO BELOW!!!

Poor, poor Smoochie! Before he came to Animal Control, he lived a life of abuse and neglect as a yard dog. Tethered and abandoned, Smoochie spent his days in pain and isolation, and he has the scars to prove it. He is healing now and learning to love and trust again! He may look like a tough boy at quick glance, but he's anything but that. Smoochie was frightened at first when we came into his cage, but the moment we sat down, he came right up and started giving kisses. This boy wants nothing more than to be loved, touched, and held. When I see a dog who has endured such a hard life and can still show affection and warmth toward people, I'm reminded of how wonderful dogs are. What a kind and forgiving soul! Smoochie is a bull dog mix and approximately 2 years old. He has been dealt a bad hand in life, but his fate is not yet sealed! You can still rescue Smoochie and turn things around for him. Heaven knows he deserves it!

Pictures of Smoochie are below, and you can see a video of him here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BZLL3f9rbM&feature=channel_page



***********************************************************************

RUBY, the Red Nose PBT! (1 year old) VIDEO BELOW!!!

Ruby the Red Nose Pit Mix is waiting patiently for you to come and rescue her out of Animal Control! This pretty lady is between 1 and 2 years old with plenty of energy and affection. She does very well with other dogs and loves giving kisses to whoever will stop and pay her some attention. Ruby is a bundle of energy, so she would make a great pet for someone who is athletic or simply loves spending a nice day at the park running and playing. She has a great attitude but needs a patient and loving owner to calm her down and help her learn her basic commands. Ruby has all the makings for a great pet -- she just needs someone kind and compassionate to rescue her off of death row and give her the second chance she deserves!

You can see pictures of Ruby below, as well as a video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SORq9wQVZCA&feature=channel_page




***********************************************************************

MAURY, the Yellow Lab/Shephard mix! (2 years old)

All I want is to belong again – Can you tell by the picture below. I loved it when Jeff put his arms around me as if to say “You are my boy!” How nice it feels to know you belong… Right now I don’t belong to anyone and no one belongs to me and it makes me sad. I don’t understand why my family abandoned me. I have been called handsome and a good boy and I don’t cause trouble but yet and still I was thrown out so much as a piece of furniture. At least, that’s what I overheard yesterday. I am not a piece of furniture. I am a living, breathing being with feelings and right now my feelings are so very hurt. I am sad and lonely even though I have a friend in my cell. My friend and I know that the place where we are held is dangerous and we may never get out. I heard the nice people who played with me say that I am a handsome dog and under different circumstanced I would be easily adopted but I also heard them say that the place where I am is so full and there haven’t been any adopters as of late that all of our chances are slim. That does not sound good at all and quite frankly it frightens me. I promise to be a good, good boy to you if you can just find it in your heart to bring me home. Please…




***********************************************************************

URGENT – URGENT – URGENT – URGENT – URGENT – URGENT – URGENT – URGENT

MANY DOGS WERE EUTHANIZED LAST WEEK – THESE FEW SURVIVED AND NEED YOU!!!

Victoria, Ginger and Pixie's photos are in earlier post
http://itsrainingcatsdogsglixman.blogspot.com/2009/04/april-13-2009-their-euth-date-is-april.html

VICTORIA, the Viszla/Lab mix! (2 years old) THIS IS IT FOR VICTORIA and the Others

The nice lady who took pictures of my today said that I was absolutely beautiful. She said that my very bright colored eyes and body built remind her to a Viszla. Wow, what a compliment! I heard Viszla’s are very pretty dogs. I liked the lady and loved on her a lot but I also wanted to take advantage of running and playing with my three cell mates. We have the biggest cell where we are right not, but it’s not nice; it’s dark and wet. When we were led out on the grassy field today I felt like I was in heaven. It was sunny and warm and my girlfriends and I let all of our energy out until we were tired. Maybe we should have acted like we still wanted to play because we were brought back into that awful cell again. Well, at least I’m not alone like some of the other dogs. I was real good walking on the leash, too. It reminded me to being with my former owners again. I wonder why they did not want me anymore… I was always a good girl for them. Hopefully I will have a new family soon. Do you think I’m beautiful, too?




*********************************************************************************************

GINGER, the Hound mix! (1 ½ years old)

I am staying in a very sad place called Liberty County Animal Control. I’m not sure how I ended up there and I sure wished I could leave. They caught me and brought me here even though I just had puppies. Now my babies are out there all alone and I doubt they can make it. It’s very sad for me, but at least I’m lucky and I don’t have to be alone. I have two very nice cell mates who keep me company. Today was actually fun. I got to come out and play and my cell mates did, too. We all got loved on and even though I’m still kind of “droopy” on my chest and tummy the one lady kept talking about how unique and pretty my coat looked. She said she’s never seen coloring like that before and hopes it helps me grab a nice family’s attention. If she was talking about a family who might come and take me out of here that sure would be nice. I’m still a puppy myself, only around a year old; maybe that family could even help me get over losing my own little family. Can you help me?




***********************************************************************

PIXIE, the Shepherd/Lab mix! (10 months old)

I am just a baby and I don’t understand what is happening to me. I was thrown out in the street by a family who I thought loved me and then I ended up in a very scary place where many dogs are barking, howling, and even worse – crying. Whenever I see humans I run to the cell gate hoping it’s my family and it was all a mistake. Even when I see that it’s not my family I get so happy and excited because I think it’s another family who is coming for me. When they pass me by I get very sad and every time another family walks away my hope to ever leave this place diminishes more. When 2 nice ladies came to play with me today I was so happy for a little while that I did not want to leave their side. They were hugging me and I hugged them right back. I kept hoping maybe they’d take me home but they have their own pets and don’t have room. Do you have a little room for me? I promise I will not take up a lot of space.



***********************************************************************

RYDER, Shephard/Hound mix!

My name is Ryder and I’m told that I am a German Shephard/Hound mix. I have a dark, smokey colored muzzle that I love to rub all over your cheeks and I also love to softly kiss your lips. I’ve been told that I’m nothing but a HUGE puppy though because I love to run, and roll, and fetch, and run some more! I’ve also heard that I have a sweet, puppy face and I’m covered in fuzzy fur. One thing I know for sure is that I love kids. I guess that’s because they have as much energy as I have. J I think it would be great if a nice family with a little kid would come and bring me home. I would love to grow up right beside him or her. I need a home with lots of love and energy."


**


Please remember to Spay/Neuter your pet.

FACT - The number one cause of death in healthy animals in the US is euthanasia. Please adopt!

No comments: