Think Before You Give Up on Your Dog * The Foreclosure Dog's Letter To His Person * Elaine Vigneault

Why should your dog or cat die because your home is foreclosed? Think about this before you drop your pet off at overcrowded shelters where most of the animals will be killed and many gassed. Doesn't your pet deserve more from you? Look in your pet's eyes and tell him or her you are sorry if they put him or her in a gas chamber and he or she dies a painful death. How could you do this? This animal trusted you and you cared for it. There is no excuse. If you have to find a new home for your pet do not pick the easy way out. Your love means nothing if you can be so cruel to your animal. You are responsible for any pain and suffering your pet experiences and if your pet is euthanized you are also responsible for their death. The truth hurts, doesn't it? So does dying in a shelter.
Elizabeth' rant



"Saturday, August 2, 2008
The Foreclosure Dog's Letter To His Person

Elaine Vigneault

I've modified a popular classic letter to suit the times:

You bought a house! You finally had a yard so you decided it was time for a dog. You chose me out of all the other dogs. As a puppy, I entertained you with my antics and I made you laugh. You called me your baby and carried me closely. Despite some chewed boxer shorts and a few broken mini-blinds, I became your best friend. Whenever I was “bad,” you’d shake your finger at me and ask “How could you?” ­ but then you’d relent, and roll me over for a bellyrub.

My housebreaking took a little longer than expected, because you were terribly busy, but we worked on that together. I remember those nights of nuzzling you in bed and listening to your secret dreams. I remember running in your new, big backyard. I believed that life could not be any more perfect. We went for long walks and runs in the park, car rides, and BBQs. I took long naps in the backyard sun waiting for you to come home at the end of the day.

Gradually, you began spending more time at work to get paid for overtime. I waited for you patiently, comforted you through the bill-paying frustrations and the debt collector's calls. I never chided you about bad decisions, I never cared about your FICA score, and I never threatened to garnish your wages or repossess your car."

Read the rest

http://elainevigneault.blogspot.com/2008/08/foreclosure-dogs-letter-to-his-person.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent letter.