August 24, 2009 " He had already been pulled out to be tranquilized when I called the kennel tech." Next he would be euthanized

From e-mail

"Eyes are the windows to the soul...

Please read G's story below. If you already have, please read it once more. I know that many of you probably said he would not be able to be saved, being a mutt and heart worm positive, too... Well, our prayers were answered and we found a foster home for him in Florida - LAST MINUTE. He had already been pulled out to be tranquilized when I called the kennel tech on her cell phone and said "We have rescue for him!" Please keep in mind that this is only a foster home and these kind people will be spending their own money, trying to save G's heart. The heart worm treatment will cost $390 at the clinic in Florida because his heart worm status is high. We have secured $250 and then of course he will still need shots and be neutered.

If G's story got to you when you first read it but you were unable to help, please help with a few dollars to help the angels in FL who offered to take him in. Even $10 are a lot in rescue situations. You may think that us rescuers ask for money quite a bit, but please realize that, if no money comes in, it usually comes out of our pockets. Everyone of us is pretty much empty handed because we care so much about the animals that our dollars go to them more than to us - you can believe that and many of you understand it because you are in the same situation but you can FORWARD this to others who may be able to help. Please, if you would like to donate, even a small amount, contact me at
newbeginningsanimalrescue@gmail.com or you can PayPal to pbrooks@scad.edu. Thank you so very much. May you be blessed!!!

G, our Heinz 57! (EXTRA URGENT!!!!)

We have little hope for G, because we have done this just long enough to know which dogs end up not making it out and he fits the description of those that are unwanted and end up in a freezer… Still, we try to post for him because we can’t forget his pleading look and we know that his past is unfortunate at best. Animal control was called to pick up G who had been hanging around a neighborhood in the county. The people there simply called him G and I guess they didn’t mind him hanging out until G was attacked by 2 dogs and got the bottom half of his lip ripped open. When I first took him out of his cell I didn’t know that he had been attacked but I could tell that he was very scared and I was careful around him because I didn’t know if he would try to nip or bite. I took him in the field around 2 smaller dogs and he was very, very tense around them. Not knowing that he had been attacked earlier that day, I took him back in his cell and there I noticed the torn lip. He sat there drooling and bleeding and looked like such a sad sight that my heart just started aching for him. I got him a comforter and slowly but surely got him to sit on it. When I started petting him he looked so grateful that I want to cry right now while I’m writing it down, remembering it. I went back the next day to check on him and he recognized me right away. I loved on him again, gave him some ear mite meds and plucked a huge tick of his back. G is skinny, his ribs protruding, he looks no older than 2 or 3 but has probably seen more misery than many older dogs. His coat is dull and course but I can imagine how wonderful he would look with just a little TLC. What struck me as well were his tiny paws. There is so much sadness around this dog… I just pray that someone REALLY want’s to rescue a dog – no matter how many problems he may come with. G sure would deserve it and I know he would be forever thankful to his rescuer…"


image 1335388224-0




--
New Beginnings Animal Rescue

Please remember to Spay/Neuter your pet.

FACT - The number one cause of death in healthy animals in the US is euthanasia. Please adopt

No comments: