January 26, 2009 "Kane does well with my children who are 3 and 5 years old." Her son is allergic to him. Kane Needs New Home or Rescue. WV





"Kane came to my home 12/26/08. He was underweight and afraid. We decided to try to find his owner since he seemed to be someones pet. A month later, we have had no luck. My son is breaking out in hives when he pets the dog or the dog licks/rubs on him. This is our reason for trying to find him a home instead.

He seems to be young as he is still busy and likes to chew things. He collects sticks outside and loves bones and balls inside. He weighs about 55 to 60 pounds.

Kane seems to be potty trained. He comes inside often throughout the day and sleeps in the garage without incident. He knew sit when he came here. He will now shake, lay down (if you say down and touch floor). He can fetch a ball but is still working on dropping it when you ask He doesnt like a leash but is not fighting it now. I can walk him for a few minutes inside. (Its been too cold here to do much outside walking) He does like to try to pull the leash with his teeth.

He like to bark and chase my cats but doesnt try to eat them lol. They will hide under a table and he circles it barking and wagging his tail. They do get him excited. I have not had him around other dogs but we do have them loose in our neighborhood and he has been inside our fence with a female beagle on the other side. He showed playful barks, tail wagging, and hopping. I cannot say he is good with dogs but he wasn't aggressive at all. I like to think he wants a friend

Kane does well with my children who are 3 and 5 years old. He will let them pet him and play ball, and jump around. He doesnt mind them at all. Occasionally he like to lay on top of them on the couch. I have only heard him bark at my daughter once. She had jumped on him (with little skates on) while he slept in the floor. I feel this was my daughters fault and she has since been taught never to jump on the puppy. Ever. He will sit for them if they tell him and listens to their other instructions about 40 percent of the time.

He does have the "unaltered male" syndrome on ocassion. He isnt obessive about it but he does occasionally do it. Usually he tries this on people visiting the home....just to see if he can get away with it.

All in all I personally think Kane has the potential to be an awesome pet and companion. He loves being with us and does well with the whole family here. I do not know his previous family or history and am not a dog behavior expert by any means but I feel good with him in my home and he has adjusted well here.

I am located in Milton, WV. My contact email is nightdaisy03@yahoo.com I am willing to work with an interested party in getting him where he needs to go. I may also help with vetting.
I do not know if he is a Lab or a Lab mix. I am not that good at telling mixes from purebred if they are similar.....sorry"



No comments: