5/8 FOUND NEW HOME! 5/5/10 Dog's Owner Is Sick. Dog Always Had Loving Home. Please Don't Let Bettis Go to Pound. Life is so Hard for All of Us Lately

from e-mail 5/8/10  Bettis has found his new home!!! :-)))))))))))))


From e-mail

"Hello,

My name is Bettis.  My daddy named me after the Football underdog Jerome Bettis.  I really hope that you will read my story and can help me.  I have been having a very hard time lately.  I am confused; don’t really understand how all of this happened…  One day, my life was perfectly normal but the next day it was completely turned upside down and hasn’t been the same ever since.  It is very scary for me because I don’t know what is going to happen next.  I heard that I may have to go to the pound and I know that is not a good thing because when the humans around me talk about it they sound sad…

See, my mommy was a school teacher at St. Michaels in Savannah.  Her name is Charmain.  She got very, very sick one day and ended up at the hospital.  That was 3 weeks ago.  From day to day, things kept getting worse and now she is on a respirator.  I don’t know what a respirator is but I know that my daddy is very sad about it and I never see him anymore.  He is always at the hospital with my mommy and his burdens are so heavy that he can’t think of anything else but my mommy.  He brought me to a neighbor’s house so they could take care of me while he tries to take care of mommy.  But the neighbor could not keep me very long because his dog did not like me and was mean to me.  So I ended up at another person’s house.  Her name is Miss Nica.  She has had me for a while now but she said that, though I am incredibly sweet, she has her own pets and can no longer handle taking care of me, too.  She has tried very hard to find another home for me but nobody seems to want me…  She does not want to bring me to the pound – I heard her say – but she says that it may be the only way at this point and under the circumstances. 

I hear the pound is a place where unwanted animals go and often they don’t make it out.  Am I really unwanted?  I don’t understand…  I was always a good boy and I’m only 1 ½ years old.  I have so much love to give.  I like all other dogs and I even like cats.  I’ve always enjoyed playing with children and I loved my family so much.  I never felt unwanted before.  It’s not a nice feeling to be so alone in this world…

Please have a look at my picture that Miss Nica took.  I tried to sit pretty, hoping that I’ll catch someone’s eye.  Do you see the white heart on my chest?  Yes, I have 2 hearts!  One is beating in my body frantically, hoping that you look at me and fall in love with me and the other heart is white and furry and for everyone to see that I am a sweet little fellow that deserves a chance of happiness.

Please, please give me chance.  If you can help me, please call Miss Nica at 912-224-9037 or e-mail her at nica_weeks@me.com. "
  Bettis is in Georgia

No comments: