December 25, 2008 The New Year is Approaching

Merry Christmas to all.
I don't mean to be a downer but I saw this post on a pet forum. Since the New Year is approaching please if you own a pet think long and hard before you take the cat or dog to a kill shelter. This girl was an owner turn in and she was euthanized. Let's start the New Year off right by valuing life both 2 legged and 4.

May you RIP sweet girl. This was so unneccesary and here is why. Please go to the pound if you can. Never believe an animal is safe by talking to one person at the pound or shelter. This senior cat WAS EATING. She was not sick. She was senselessly killed by a system that is stressed, archaic and often I hate to say this incompetent. This girl's life DID MATTER.

"This is upsetting because I emailed the rescue group
about this cat AND called the mahoning dog pound
as well. Mahoning put me on hold for about 2 minutes
and then a man told me that the cat wasn't there and
it 'appears that it was adopted.' My reply was "well,
I'm glad it got a good home." We recently lost one
of our cats to heart failure and have been keeping our
eye out for a 'special needs' cat (this cat we lost was a
rescued blind cat). It's sad that someone DID reach out
for this cat but it was too late...and I wish I wasn't
lied to...unless that man honestly didn't know...
"

Crying or Very sad Poor girl was put down - RIP Crying or Very sad


Sad URGENT! Sad
Tabby - Grey, Tortoiseshell [Mix]
Small Senior Female Cat



THIS CAT WAS AN OWNER TURN-IN.
THE POUND DOES NOT KEEP CATS, SO HER STATUS IS URGENT! AS STRESSED AS SHE MUST BE IN THE SHELTER, SHE IS STILL EATING GOOD.
PLEASE CALL ASAP TO SAVE THIS SWEET GIRL AND GIVE HER THE LOVE SHE DESERVES FOR THE REST OF HER GOLDEN YEARS.


http://www.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?offset=0&limit=25&tmpl=0&shelterid=OH599&sort=&&preview=

Mahoning County Dog Pound
589 Industrial Rd
Youngstown, OH
(330)740-2205 - dial 2

No comments: