Cat Poems & Picture and Gifts For the Animals


I wrote these poems about my cat Sammie who passed away several years ago. One poem is about eating, the other about loss. At holidays many people eat a lot, and many people remember their loved ones who are not around anymore. I am doing both. I am going to add a happy holiday poem later.









If My Cat Could Write A Poem


She's in bed again
With the pillow on her head again.
I need to eat.
Meow. Meow. Meow.
I want her to get up. Again.
Like she did to feed me last night.
Oh more kitty treats

Maybe if I sat on her feet,
She'd get up, again
Meow. Meow. Meow.
There are no crunchy treats
In my dish in the room
Where my water bowl
Is clear and deep.

I'm licking her feet again
She has the pillow on her head.
It doesn't matter that
It is night
I want to eat again. Now.




If a cat could write a poem, imagine a cat painting a picture.

http://www.monpa.com/wcp


For Sammie


1

long and flat in the sunlight stretching
gray belly fur tipped with white
wise whiskers reflecting sun
joyous cat
in the afternoon yellow hues

crystal globe in the window
against venitian blinds summer light
made rainbows on your belly
white like down
warm like blood

blue spaces cover the bed
with spots of dust bunny gray fur
sunlight becomes moonlight
a waning moon follows my eyes
I search the empty window sill
where you watched
crickets in the night.


2


I called you Fur Girl and Kitty Woman
I called you my Snookie Poo
And Sammie Wammie Woo
I called you many names
and you never said a word

In the middle of the night
I called you
You sometimes came
and watched the woman
who fed you speak
If we were to meet again
and I called you in that yearning way
would you stand in the light
then go away?


I call you my angel cat
my tether to the other side
I still call you in the night
Wait for you to appear
This time in a dream or in sound
Your paws on linoleum
the bouncing of your body on my bed
or tuna water gone
I call you like you could appear
Somehow
out of nowhere





Don't forget the animals during this season.

The best gift besides time and affection you can give your pets is the gift of safety during the holidays. Chocolate can be deadly to dogs and watch those little gifts of chicken or turkey from holiday meals that you give to your pets. Make sure the bones are removed.Check out this link to find other hazards to pets during this season and how to protect them.

http://www.azhumane.org/artimgr/publish/article_592.shtml


The best gift you can give a shelter animal or stray cat or dog is a home. Experts suggest to only give a pet to someone who is interested in animals and has shown interest in being a pet owner and to include the recipient in the choice of the pet. An animal is not an impulse purchase that can be returned like a computer game.

Other Ways to Help Needy Animals

If you can, donate to the shelter, rescue, or feral cat association of your choice . You can also donate pet food to your local food pantry.


Mason's dogs would like some more of these. It gets real cold in WV. http://www.kuranda.com/catalog/donate_landing.php?intShelterID=3113






Poems and Picture
copyright E.P. Glixman








No comments: