12/05/11 What Would The People Who Euth These Shelter Dogs and Cats Do If Each of These Dogs and Cats Scheduled toBe Killed 12/7 Said I Want to Live?

"Lancelot 11-151
Beagle mix

Euth 12/7
Little Lancelot is a SWEET Little Beaglex Boy who is ALL Love and Needs Rescue ASAP!!"

I often wonder if there would be so much killing of dogs and cats at shelters if the animals looked their killers in the eye and said, please don't kill me, I want to live like you. Please don't take my life away from me. Of course it won't happen because animals have no voice and that is why they can be euthed. I know the people at AC are only doing their job and most are not happy about it yet I do believe that we are all a bit psychotic when it comes to thinking this is okay. Ending a life especially that of a healthy friendly animal is not our right. We have become the believers of our own delusion.
Happy for those who were adopted or rescued but will others given a reprieve last week die on Wednesday and if they could talk to the person holding them down to give the lethal dose what would they tell that person who thinks this is their job to take lives because they are considered property by law and property is disposable?
People may say I am too harsh in writing this that no one is to blame for killing these animals and that these people are angels taking care of other people's irresponsible actions. Euthers and the animals are both victims of a society whose values are screwed up. I don't know the truth. I do know that purrs, wagging tails, living in the moment exuberance and dog kisses are greatly needed in this world. Please don't let these cats and dogs loose their lives this Wednesday: Petunia, Maple, Connor, Shakira, Grace, Horton, Penelope, Sarah, Aurora, Dakota, Eden, Arlo, Jayden, White bulldog, Effie, Lancelot and others want to go home with you and have a future.

http://www.barrowpets.net/dogs.html

http://www.barrowpets.net/cats.html

No comments: