Look Who is at the Shelter Waiting to Warm You Up plus 2 Dog Poems















It is very cold in the Northeast and mid- atlantic states. Animals do a lot for people. They provide friendship protection, entertainment and
animals are little furnaces. Here are some heat generators at the shelter waiting to warm you up. Precious is the Siamese. Dixie the black lab mix, Georgette, the hound shephard mix, and Yellow the lab



Update! Precious adopted!!!!!!
Yellow adopted!!! Dixie going to rescue!!!!





e-mail address for rescue inquries or long distance adoption

mcasrescues-owner@yahoogroups.com

Every dog and cat has his or her own personality. Here are two poems about two different dogs.


Rodger The Dog by Ted Hughes ( the husband of the famous writer Virginia Wolf)



Asleep he wheezes at his ease.
He only wakes to scratch his fleas.

He hogs the fire, he bakes his head
As if it were a loaf of bead.

He's just a sack of snoring dog.
You can lug him like a log.

You can roll him with your foot.
He'll stay snoring where he's put.

I take him out for exercise,
He rolls in cowclap up to his eyes.
He will not race, he will not romp,
He saves his strength for gobble and chomp.

He'll work as hard as you could wish
Emptying his dinner dish,

Then he flops flat, and digs down deep,
Like a miner into sleep.



My Dog's My Boss by Robert William Service

Each day when it's anighing three
Old Dick looks at the clock,
Then proudly brings my stick to me
To mind me of our walk.
And in his doggy rapture he
Does everything but talk.

But since I lack his zip and zest
My old bones often tire;
And so I ventured to suggest
Today we hug the fire.
But with what wailing he expressed
The death of his desire!

He gazed at me with eyes of woe
As if to say: 'Old boy,
You mustn't lose your grip, you know,
Let us with laughing joy,
On heath and hill six miles or so
Our legs and lungs employ.'

And then his bark was stilled to a sigh
He flopped upon the floor;
But such a soft old mug am I
I threw awide the door;
So gaily, though the wind was high
We hiked across the moor.

No comments: