May 4, 2009 Milo's Owner Died. Does That Mean He Has to Die Too? Milo and Others' Lives Will End This Week. Please Help Them. Georgia

These are all good dogs. How can they be killed at shelters? I know people may get tired of my rants but I have a hard time understanding how "we" can kill them. I don't understand how anyone can do that. And this happens every hour somewhere in this country and all over the world.

Please crosspost these dogs and continue to support groups that believe there are other ways to deal with the pet overpopulation problem other than killing and spay and neuter and write write congressman, newspapers, call radios. Many people have no clue that there are animal gas chambers. Progress has been made to save lives but when I look at these faces it is not quick enough.



MILO

SPONSORSHIPS APPRECIATED!!!!!

EUTHANASIA DATE: Thursday, May 7th, 2009, 8 am

LIBERTY COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL – HINESVILLE, GEORGIA

If you would like to adopt one of the animals below, please contact

Petra at scanimalrescue@gmail.com

I have personally interacted with each one of these dogs. My descriptions are straight forward! My conscience would not allow me to hold anything back, and I would never give false information to save an animal, because it would only result in it being returned. You will never find vicious/dangerous animals on my listings! Usually, little or none is known about these dogs' medical history. We do know that a majority of them were abandoned by military, which means they are most likely up-to-date on their shots, heartworm negative, and generally healthy; however, we cannot guarantee that, which is why each dog must receive prompt veterinary care after adoption/rescue takes place.

Spaying or neutering by 6 months of age is a MUST!!! Unless the dogs go to a rescue or out of state adopters must purchase a spay/neuter voucher from us. You can get more detailed information and pricing by visiting SNAC (Spay/Neuter Alliance Clinic) at info@snac1.com or by calling 843-645-2500.

Your help with adopting, rescuing, or fostering these dogs is immensely appreciated, as is your help with cross posting to others who may be able to help save a life.

MORE PICS OF ALL DOGS ARE AVAILABLE!

MILO, the Labrador/Shepherd mix (4 years old)

Milo is a heartbreaker for sure. He was not a stray dog nor was he dropped off by strangers who claimed to have found him. Milo’s owner died. He was old and died and left Milo behind with no family to care for him. So now Milo is forced to stay in a cell in a high-kill animal control facility and wait for his own death day to come. To make matters worth Milo hurt one of his hind legs; it appears to be a slipped knee. He runs with it and lies down on it but it is clear to see that it is causing him discomfort. My brain is telling me that Milo may not make it out of here under the circumstances, but my heart is telling me that God can’t let this be the end for him. He is such a loving and sweet dog. He enjoys and even seeks out the company of other dogs and is very gentle. He is a skinny little thing and when you meet him you can’t help but love him. A family actually looked at him this past weekend but they were so concerned about his leg that they felt they may not be able to take on the responsibility of vetting him. Please, here is a beautiful soul that just wants to be given a chance. Please, please give Milo the chance he so desperately needs.


ABUSE has a name – ELWOOD, the Yellow Lab (3 years old)



You can try to tell me that Elwood was not abused but you would not change my mind. The pictures below don’t tell his real story; a story of abuse. Elwood want’s to be loved but he is so scared that he will be hurt again. When you touch him you would think that he is in pain. When you approach him he crouches down, rolls on his back, tries to fend you off with his paws and shivers. Only when you lightly stroke him and love on him does the shivering subside and he closes his eyes hoping that the petting does not turn into hitting and kicking. I have seen plenty of abused dogs and I know that only an abusive home could have made him this way. He is a beautiful boy, is great around other dogs, and just want’s to find trust and love again. Please, please give him this chance.



MAX, the Black Labrador and former CHAIN DOG (3 years old)




I almost overlooked Max in his very dark and dingy cell at Liberty County animal Control. The only thing that caught my eye when I passed his cell was a set of big pleading eyes looking through the bars at me. I put my hand through the bars and what I felt in my palms was a beautiful, thick and soft coat until a big soft tongue was licking my fingers. I took Max out and noticed that he did not have a collar on but a chain without a beginning and no end. It was so tight that it was close to growing into his neck. L I took him to the office and one of the officers took a large pair of pliers to cut it off his neck. He stood still and let it happen. Max want’s a good home where he will be invited to live INSIDE with his new family. He’s a good boy; just look at him play in the field. He loves being petted and it’s like hugging a bear when you do. Please help Max find a REAL family.



SCREVEN, the Bully mix! (1 year old)


Screven is a cute as a button but he does not like other dogs very much. He can only go to an only dog home, which makes his chances of surviving Liberty County Animal Control very, very slim. L He needs an owner who has experience with bully breeds and can socialize him slowly. He is a sweet boy; you can literally see his tail wagging when you look at his picture. His sultry dark-brown eyes can melt the strongest hearts and he sure would be a show-stopper where ever his new family would take him. There must be a family out there for him… Could you be it?



LOVE in a small package – SAMMY, the Lab/Spaniel mix puppy (3 months old):


Oh, how I LOVE this wonderful little guy. If you are looking for a bundle of absolute Joy then this little man is what you want. Sammy came to Liberty County Animal Control with Demodex but PLEASE don’t let this stop you from adopting him. Demodex often happens when dogs did not get proper nutrition, care and if they were subjected to the elements, cold/hot weather, rain, etc. In a loving environment, with a regular diet the Demodex disappears. I have seen it with my own eyes on one of my rescues at home and know it from past experiences with dogs that were adopted from Liberty. Sammy is sooooo cute. He is playful and loooves other dogs. He has the energy that comes with a puppy but he also loves all the attention and hugs. Please, please don’t let his life end so soon.


SAMSON, the LOVELY brindle Mountain Cur Dog (1 year old)


Samson is my favorite boy this week. He is VERY well behaved. He would do wonderful in any home, be it with other dogs and/or children. He is LEASH TRAINED, believe it or not. It is such a joy to take him out on a walk. He stays right by your leg and a little behind. He loves to play but it is more important for him to be your constant little shadow. He is only medium in size and he seems to be a very, very smart boy. His coat is gorgeous and it almost looks like he has a little white goatee hanging from his chin but it’s his precious white chest. There is nothing negative to say about him what so ever. PLEASE save him!




.




ROVER, the Heinz 57! (2 years old) (Rover was to be pulled by the no-kill shelter but was returned because he is HW positive. L)


My name is Rover and I’m just a lover of people and other furry friends. I’m not very big and I was told my red coat is very handsome. I don’t know why and how I came here but I have one main objective and that is to find a forever family. I am sure there must be someone out there who is looking for a boy like me; a family who does not have any specific breed requirements and who just wants a nice young boy who is loving with their children and other pets, who loves to play and romp and at the same time just enjoys relaxing on the couch with a nice raw hide bone. I promise that I will never cause you any problems and that I will always listen to you. I am scared in this place and yesterday, for the first time this week, I felt loved again when some nice people showed up and paid me some much needed attention. Can you see by looking at my face how much I enjoyed their attention? I felt like I was on Cloud Nine but that too passed and I had to go back into my lonely cell again with the other boy I’m housed with. When the cell gate was closed it was very depressing and I am beginning to wonder if I’ll ever get out of here…






SPIKE – Young Bully In Search of Good Home! (loves kids!)


Spike is a black and white Pitbull mixed pup. He's around a year old at the most. He gets along well with other male dogs, just pounces and runs lol. He loves to be held and run with you. He's very energetic and gentle when taking cookies. He needs his own home with people who will love him. I don't know how he is with cats, but he was good with the little girl that was out in the field with us. He was very excited to see her, but once she told him to stay down (he was jumping to give kisses) he did! That is how eager this boy is to please and be loved. It would be a shame to see him be put to sleep just because he was picked up and brought to Animal Control. He's still young and doesn't quite understand why he's there or why he has to stay there. Please help us to get him out before he has to find out. Spike would make a great addition to a family that would love him and get him the routine vet care every pet needs




Petra Brooks
Assistant to the Vice President
Information Management and Technology
Savannah College of Art and Design
Phone: 912-525-4001
Fax: 912-525-4042

No comments: